Life is...all the emotions, all the people you meet, all your regrets and all your dreams come true. This is my life is...well, my life's not boring. It's my experiences and the people that I come into contact with that make my life not boring. Enjoy!
"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning in life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience in being alive..." ~Joseph Campbell




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Hey folks! Well I reached my 2 week interval of writing to you all (if ya hadn't caught on that it takes me that long to get around to writing!).

I went on Spring Break last week with some awesome guys. Me and the boys and some girls went to Ft. Myers, Florida where it was so nice every day, that if I was at a nudist colony during that time, I could have walked around naked comfortably! But I didn't :) but it was very nice there, at least 70 every day and sunny. We drove around town, went to Goodwill, Lover's Key beach, and generally were just lazy. Got some coffee at Starbucks a few days, and went and saw two movies: Starsky and Hutch (yes it's a remake folks 35 and older) and Passion. Both were great, Passion very thought provoking. When people asked me if I liked it, I struggled to answer that. I couldn't answer it like I do any other movie, cause it's not exactly entertaining or enjoyable to watch, but very mind probbing. I also thought this movie was different from others, because some many other parts of myself were engaged in it, not just my mind and personal entertainment like most movies. I did think it was very powerful though and probably one of the most engaging movies I've seen in a while.

Well, to say the least SB was very nice. It came at just the right time. It sucks though now that we are back, there is snow! How does that happen?!? Ah well, spring come soon please!

Oh one more spring break note, I cut my hair. yeah it's gone. I was ready to cut it and people seem to really like it so i'm glad I made the good transition from hairstyles :)

Last note before we go...I've started to read The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I'm very impressed with the few pages I've read already.

Here is a snipet from a chapter dealing with grace that may spark your interest:
"Cheap grace is the deadly enemy of our Church. We are fighting today for costly grace. Cheap grace means justification of sin without the justification of the sinner. Cheap grace is the grace we bestow on ourselves.

Costly grace is the gospel which must be sought after again and again, the gift which must be asked for, the door at which a man must knock...it is costly because it costs a man his life, and it is grace because it gives a man the only true life."


i hope you all are doing well. email me and i hope to hear from you all soon!


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jason
  • From Marburg, Hessen, Germany
  • Living in Germany right now. Words can't express well or fast enough the experience I've had. I'm enjoying every minute of it (except the homework part). As far as personal info, you probably know me, so there's no need for useless junk you already know!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3