Life is...all the emotions, all the people you meet, all your regrets and all your dreams come true. This is my life is...well, my life's not boring. It's my experiences and the people that I come into contact with that make my life not boring. Enjoy!
"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning in life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience in being alive..." ~Joseph Campbell




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



sO I know I was supposed to write yesterday and didn't. Sorry. I'm sure you survived though. I bought some new bed sheets last night and watch Troy, which is a great movie and you'll need to watch it when it comes out.
Since I've been back in town, all I do is watch movies, sleep, or work. I work til close this whole weekend, so no plans for new year's or anything. But that's alright, cause really there is nothing to do! I've been gettin a lot of music off the internet though (legally of course) and Paul Oakenfold is pretty sweet soundin, so he's goin a lot. Anyways, I suppose it's time for my deep introspective writing time, so here it is...
This entry has been inspired by Abby who I talked with while I was thinking of a topic to write on:

Deep dreams and shallow water. I have dreams I chase after. Going to Germany is one of those and I'm making that happen. We all have some thing that we wish or want, or want to do with our lives or some hopeful circumstance for our lives. A lot of us are afraid, that's the problem. We have these dreams but we don't have what it takes to fulfill those dreams. Then they become this dusty artifact that we look back on in our mid-years, the grey sand-covered unopened gift that was in our lives, wishing we had opened it when we had the chance. But we didn't. All that's left is regrets and what if's. I say, stop. If you can, do it. There is risk, sure. The risk of failure. The risk of not having enough money. The risk of disappointment. The risk of downsizing. But it will still be worth it. Why? Because the gift was opened and experienced. The saddest words to hear someone say is, "I wish I had...". I have some dreams that I want to accomplish in my life. I want to write a book. I want to direct my own movie, maybe even my experience of going to Germany if I can come up with the money for a camera. Do this, get out a piece of paper and write out all the dreams you have, things you want to do, the way you want to live your life, and then start doing them. It seems too simple or too impossible. The biggest hindrance of fulfilling dreams is not circumstance but ourselves. We can do it. You can do it. So do it.

I'm gonna start writing in my journal again. That's where the real deep thought sometimes come out. So until next year...


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jason
  • From Marburg, Hessen, Germany
  • Living in Germany right now. Words can't express well or fast enough the experience I've had. I'm enjoying every minute of it (except the homework part). As far as personal info, you probably know me, so there's no need for useless junk you already know!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3