Life is...all the emotions, all the people you meet, all your regrets and all your dreams come true. This is my life is...well, my life's not boring. It's my experiences and the people that I come into contact with that make my life not boring. Enjoy!
"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning in life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience in being alive..." ~Joseph Campbell




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Hey guys! It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to sit down and just type some things. Actually, I’m in class typing this, but we have a 20-minute break right now so I thought this would be a good time to update you all.

I can’t upload any pics yet, but rest assured that I have taken a lot of them and when I have Internet at the castle (I have to wait until school starts) I will upload them. For some reason, this paid Internet won’t let me do it. Go figure.

Life is great here. I have really been enjoying this new way of life. There are so many things that are different about it here, and most are really positive things that I’m glad I have to do. I walk every day, which is a great change of pace. It’s not a simple walk; I live on a hill, a steep incline, which takes a while with some effort to get up. One can easily break a sweat just walking up the hill or stairs to get to the castle. I’m glad I’m walking and don’t have a car. It’s nice. I hear in the States that gas prices are just raping people, something like $3 a gallon in California. That’s ridiculous. Eating is different too. It’s much much healthier here. It’s not something I can easily explain, but if you’ve ever eaten food outside the US, you know how much better and healthier the food is and tastes. It actually makes me dread that first US meal, with all the crap that gets put in it. I like the climate too. Right now it is supposed to be summer, but it has been rainy and cooler lately, which is not normal for this place. The town is really great too, the way it’s all laid out. I think the only way I could explain it is that it feels like walking in downtown St. Joe a little, with the shops on each side of you. I’d take of picture of it, but people will stare. ☺ This, along with many of these things, are just a part of life you’d have to experience for yourself.

The castle is great too. It’s impossible to not be able to find it or to get lost trying to get to it. Just look up, and you see the focal point of the town. I have really enjoyed the people that are there right now. School had not started yet. This is actually summer break right now, so not many people are staying. The few that have stayed and that I have gotten to know, many are leaving soon or have left for places abroad for study. In fact, just yesterday one of the first persons I met left for Amsterdam, which was a little sad. A few others will be leaving near the end of next month, which will be just as sad, but I know I will get to know other people once they arrive for school. I’ve been impressed and just blown away at how friendly the students in the Schloss (that’s German for castle). I’ve been invited on many excursions with them, such as to their house, to movies, or just to hang out. It’s just been a very nice transition into a new home and way of life.

As you probably know, I am really busy with my German class amongst many other things. Internet just isn’t as vital as it was before. But I will try to update somewhat regularly and answer any emails that you send. Much love, I miss you all and will speak with you soon.


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jason
  • From Marburg, Hessen, Germany
  • Living in Germany right now. Words can't express well or fast enough the experience I've had. I'm enjoying every minute of it (except the homework part). As far as personal info, you probably know me, so there's no need for useless junk you already know!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3