Life is...all the emotions, all the people you meet, all your regrets and all your dreams come true. This is my life is...well, my life's not boring. It's my experiences and the people that I come into contact with that make my life not boring. Enjoy!
"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning in life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience in being alive..." ~Joseph Campbell




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's that time again...
Movies seem to inspire me. I've seen two movies in the last week or so, and both have inspired me, or done something to me, making me want to do some things. First one was The Motorcycle Diaries, where two friends travel through South America. Sounds bland, but it was awesome. Anyways, I'm not sure if it was the gorgeous scenery or the journey itself that made me just enjoy this movie, but it made me look forward that much more to my own journey taking place in a few months. I'd like to camcord my journey, my transition from English to German. I think it'd make a good independent film. I'd submit it to film festivals too if it worked out. Well the second movie, High Art, really didn't have a point, or it did and it was a mix of really deep and superficial and I'm not sure which it really is. Anyways, there is a character who takes a bunch of candid pictures that are just so cool to look at. And I've been looking at buying a camera for my trip for a long time, and I just felt inspired to buy that camera and take as many pictures as possible, which btw you will all be able to see when I post them on the internet, all that jazz. I'll let you know when that happens. You'll feel like you're on the trip with me. But yeah, it just inspired me on some ideas of pictures to take, of people, things like that.

"Ohne dich, kann ich nicht sein"
A few days ago, it was Valentine's Day or Singles Awareness Day as it's known around campus. I don't have the same depressing story as most of the girls' blogs that I read. Nope, in fact that day was no different for me than any other day. No feelings of melancholy. No depressing thoughts. It was refreshing. I mean, what the hell is the point of getting all worked up over a Hallmark holiday that makes you think of some of the dumbest sayings about love. It's ridiculous. Suddenly on that day, everyone has something philosophical about love to say, like they become an expert for the day or something. It's annoying and funny at the same time. Sorry I don't really have any thoughts on love. Well I take that back. I do, I'm just choosing not to share them. Give me a month or so. :)

I had to sit here for a minute or so cause there was something else I wanted to tell you all about. I was sitting in Mocca Joe's where I usually can be found, and a friend from high school sat next to me. We talked about a bunch of stuff, got onto me and Germany. I told me, if I had really thought about where I was gonna go to college, what I wanted to do with my life, I probably wouldn't have come to Anderson. I probably would have pursued something in film, like directing or screenwriting, something like that. Told her I wasn't graduating, that I don't really know what I'm going to do once I finish in Germany and graduate. She asked me if me taking another year was sort of an escape from graduating, making a life decision. I didn't know. I don't know. I doubt that is why. I'm going there because I know that if I had graduated this year, I probably would never become fluent in German or gone to Germany for a long time. But to jump back to the filmmaking thing, if you know me, you know I love movies, watching them, all that fun stuff. In fact, you've probably borrowed a movie from me at one time because I have so many of them. I'll let you all in on something. I want to make a movie, like an independent thing or something. It would be that idea I talked about earlier, the transition from English to German, the changes I'd face and go through. I think it could work. I've had thoughts about recording this whole journey and I'd really like to do it, but I don't think I'll have the resources to do it, like no money for the camera or a notebook computer to edit it on. If I had those things, and you went to AU, you'd get to see the whole thing next year during Vision Revision week, when people submit works of art and what have you. Well unless I get either of those wonderfully expensive tools of art, I won't be able to do it. I'm just kinda hoping to afford a decent camera to take some great shots. Well anyways, sorry about that tangent, just wanted to show some of my passions I guess.

Hope all is well with you. Enjoy your week, the fact that you are alive, and [insert your blessing]. peace


2 Responses to “”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey buddy, I love you and thank you for reminding me how lucky, no- blessed I am to have you as my brother. Thanks bud.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I don't quite remember how I stumbled across your site here, but I just wanted to say hey, so.....hey! Have a good night and I'll see you at swing!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jason
  • From Marburg, Hessen, Germany
  • Living in Germany right now. Words can't express well or fast enough the experience I've had. I'm enjoying every minute of it (except the homework part). As far as personal info, you probably know me, so there's no need for useless junk you already know!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3